Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Putting my big girl panties on

So here we are. It's officially 2012...new year, new goals, new checklists, and apparently, impending doom if the Mayans were right. I've decided that this year is the year that I get myself together. Not because it's a new year, no. But because this is the year that I turn 30 and I will be damned if I enter this new decade doing some of the same things I've been doing, or not accomplishing some of the things I want.


I think about things that I want to do or have all of the time. I want a better job that challenges me [and pays me more, who am I kidding]. I want my room to be more organized, my body to be more toned, my hair to curl more. Travel somewhere new, dress more stylishly...the list goes on and on.


I'm constantly thinking about things I need/want to do and later on realize that most of them go undone. Maybe it's because I forget some and don't put much effort into others because I'm busting my butt to attain the other few. Whatever the reason, I don't want to do that anymore. I want to have a goal, no matter how tiny, and do it. What better way than to put it on a freaking public blog so I can be held accountable for it after, right?


So here we go, in no type of order...all of these are things I want to have by the end of the year, unless otherwise noted.

  1. De-clutter my room/home.
  2. Buy a duvet.
  3. Get new blinds for my room. And possibly a curtain.
  4. Live alone by the time I turn 30.
  5. Frame all of the things I want to frame.
  6. Wash my car.
  7. Maintain some sort of exercise regimen. I always fall off when it gets hot. Heat scares me. [And by hot I mean 90 degree NYC summer time hot.]
  8. Read more.
  9. Update my wardrobe.
  10. Kick butt at work.
  11. Go to Chile. I'm due for a visit.
  12. Develop better sleeping habits.
  13. Be a [tad bit] more risky.
  14. Date more. Or at all. However you want to look at it.
  15. Learn how to put on bloody eye shadow in colors other than my neutral safety palette.
  16. Get my Italian skills back [already bought a livingsocial deal for this!]
  17. Find someone who can make my hair look wonderful.
...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment