Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dating Chronicles: Did You Forget About Me?

I've been debating for a bit now which tale to tell first, and then I got hit with this. The following string of conversations took place just this week alone, and totally encompasses the lows [and crazy] that us single folk might have to deal with in this dating world. I have added my personal thought comments, pretty much as I thought them, throughout the convo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.8.11
Man sends a wink

7.10.11
I read his profile and initiate a conversation.

me: Healing arts? So does that mean you know how to treat migraines? [7.10.11]

him: lol, yes...migraines just stem from a pressure that is not even related to the area..But the answer is yes [7.10.11 11:59pm]

me: As someone who's dealt with migraines for 15 years, I'm intrigued! Enlighten me. [7.11.11]

him: wait a minute are you looking for a doctor or a date....lol [7.11.11 8:54am]

him: And a nerd, well I am a super nerd...and an x college athlete..lol..And the math museum is it going to have any references to quantum mathematics [7.11.11 8:56am]

him: Just a heads up , because it is more important to address this instead of finding out about if you are interested..Read Brian Weiss Many Lives Many Masters, (quick read) then read Journey of the souls by Michael Newton..Once you have read this you will be more then intrigued ...Your eyes will be counted as amongst the three.....your migraines stem from another source in which you would not even had thought of but with the proper steps they could be alleviate..Now I was intrigued what was that word that had you stunted for a few days..Now were you angry that you lost , that you were tricked or that you did not realized that the word was actually not a word...ah ohhh , i sense a little bit of projecting...:) [7.11.11 9:14am]

I'll admit that I re-read that last email at least 6 times. In my head, outloud, to other people. I didn't understand it at all. The books, ok. But the rest? Eyes? Ok. What had him intrigued is beyond me. What word? I was stunted? The word isn't a word? what?!?!

me: uummmm you totally lost me with that last email? lol. not sure about the museum but this is the article i read about it [7.11.11]

him: I am sorry I am on vacation so figured I would shoot out a funny email...The reference to you having three eyes was referring to your third eye , just one of your chakras...So the answer to your earlier question is yes...your migraines can be healed...All and all it is really hard to get some witty lines while typing.. How was your weekend? [7.11.11 6:51pm]

More questions going through my head. What does being on vacation have to do with being funny? Was that funny? If so, our humor clearly doesn't match because I didn't even giggle [and I can giggle at the most random things].

me: My weekend was good, just relaxed and hung out with family and friends. What about you? [7.12.11]

him: Are you serious does coffee really make you Happy...or are you just so pumped up that you feel on cloud 9. Well I just realized that your profile reads like a tech blog describing an idea...now that's classic.. My weekend was just spent playing ball and having meetings about a script a friend and I will try to start filming this summer...that was cool but...to stop wasting time here is my number give me a ring..I really don't feel anyone can vibe or find a flow to a conversation unless it is over the phone..If you are interested shoot me a text before you call so I know your calling..And no I dont usually do this but since you actually emailed me back after that retarded email got you confused, well let's just say you sound legit.. [7.12.11 8:06pm]

him: Odd though, I just realized I did not leave my number :: insert phone number :: [7.12.11 8:21pm]

By now I am just truly confused as to wtf is going on. Yes coffee makes me happy. What's the big deal? A script? Sounds interesting. Ok you don't want to waste time? What time has been wasted? It's been 48 hours since our first chat. What the hell. We don't even know each other's names!!!

him: My weekend was pretty good. [7.13.11 1:58pm]
him: Where'd you go? You forgot about me? [7.13.11 6:56pm]

 At this point I'm just turned off and bewildered. Our email "pattern" was I would reply once a day. Why I'm getting emails about being forgotten are beyond me. Once again, I don't know you man!!! I decided to be an adult about this, and do unto other's what I would like to be done to me. In this case, not drop off the face of the earth without a peep.

me: I didn't but I'm starting to think we may not be the best match. I wanted to let you know and not just disappear. Good luck with your search! [7.13.11]

him: thank you [7.13.11 11:27pm]
him: just remember that I was just emailing there is no flow, no way to have a moment ..a convo.. over the telephone would give you a better measure and trust me I won't hold it against you if you have to admit you made a mistake after we spoke...lol....we all make mistakes..lol. [7.14.11 1:08pm]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K. The face you're imagining me doing with all of this is a simple, blank stare. I can't even begin to say everything that went wrong in this exchange. I haven't replied and I don't know if I will. My gut tells me he is honestly a nice person, but this has nothing to do with nice or not. The word needy is all over this dude. If a woman did this, she would be labeled a stalker, stage 5 clinger, and crazy. The fact that it's a man has not changed the adjectives I am using to describe him.

I know dating is exciting and scary. I know when you meet, or see, someone that you physically think is cute and seems ok, you get antsy. I too have willed someone to wink at me, or better yet, message me! [I'm talking to YOU hot Argentinian man sir]. But all of those thoughts are private, inside thoughts, that I maybe share with a close friend. Never have I contacted someone, online dating or not, and been like where are you did you forget about me?! Especially not after 48 hours. And once again ... you don't even know my name! [cue Alicia Keys]

A part of me wants to write back to him and tell him what undid it for me, so I can hopefully save another woman from possibly running away from who she is meant to be with. The other part of me thinks that a 30+ year old should know better.

What to do, what to do!

5 comments:

  1. if you can tell him creatively that he's coming off wrong, then why not? Men have no problem telling us that we're "crazy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mean.. criticize him constructively...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the "hotness" makes up for the low IQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, I never replied. I decided to just go the silent route.

    Anonymous, nothing makes up for a low IQ unless you're simply looking for a f*ck buddy, which I am not. Next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go the silent route! I have stories from crazies when trying the constructive criticism route. or the reply route. and of crazies unrelated to this post lol.

    yaaay

    ReplyDelete