Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

:: libros ::

i guess not that many people know this about me but i am a bookworm. yes i LIKE to read for FUN [gasp!]. i've always liked to read, ever since i was a kid. blame my mother who used to take me to the library every saturday. while she perused the adult spanish section, i would wander my little self downstairs to the kids books. that's where i caught up on all the Babysitter's Club & Sweet Valley High books i didn't own. Where i read matilda and about a little girl that had a doll that she could dress up [i still remember], and about a little girl that wanted the ability to hear people's thoughts and when she was granted it, she definitely didn't like what she heard.

when i got older i went upstairs to the teen section, where R.L. Stine was my homie and V.C Andrews was my guilty pleasure [definitely way too young to have been reading that!].

and now here i am, 27 years old, and i still heart reading even though i get lazy and go through months without picking up a book. i actually think it's because i don't want to carry a book around in my bag all day ... oh well.

tasha and i were discussing books and i decided to buy the first Andrews book, Flowers in the Attic ... and it is SOLD OUT at Borders. wtf?!?! so sad. please get more soon borders!!!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, read VC andrews way too young! My parents have a ton of books. Who wouldn't want to read about Flowers in the Attic. whoa. I must say that was the first and last one I ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS wanted to read flowers in the attic as well. Let me know when they have them in stock!

    Cathy, you know what you would love. Valley of the Dolls. Have you read it? Its so good. a bit slow to get into but it picks up quick. Give it a try if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read flowers in the attic many many moons ago and totally forgot what it's about, i just know it's GOOD. my mom read it in spanish and actually said the same thing ... no memory of the book other than it's good lmao. if i find it in my borders i'll let you know. i have twilight sitting on my dresser and still can't bring myself to pick it up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just bought flowers in the attic yesterday! it's going with me on the plane. i have no recollection of it other than it was good lolol.

    ReplyDelete